Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 years later


10 years later, it's still fresh in my mind every instant of that day. Thankfully, I didn't know anyone who was killed or injured that day but I know so many did. 
It hits home so much more now that my husband is a firefighter and we have a daughter. I can't imagine being one of those 343 wives who found out their husbands would never come home again. Or that their kids would never see their fathers again. 

We'll never forget that day. 

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. ~ Psalms 46:1-3, 10-11

2 comments:

Ashley Fisher :) said...

LOVE those verses!!! Thanks for posting!!

High Chair Buyer said...

Thanks a lot for this post...I'm extend my sympathy to those who have lost their loved ones because of this.

addthis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Facebook Pinterest Contact

search?

Grab My Button

The Imperfect Momma

Followers

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Thaty Borges
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved