Thursday, May 12, 2011

Behind the scenes

One reason we struggle with insecurity: We’re comparing our behind-the-scenes to everyone else’s highlight reel.” Steven Furtick


Several of my friends shared this quote and a behind the scenes look into their lives, so I thought I would play along. I read so many blogs that seem to be "perfect" but in reality no one is, and it's nice to be reminded that we are all human every once in a while. 



  • My laundry rarely ever actually gets put away after being washed and before being worn again. And for that matter, I typically wear jeans and some shirts if they're not obviously dirty several times before washing them. I'm conserving our resources, y'all! ; ) I watched Trey sorting the laundry the other day, and he's sniffing stuff to decide whether it needs to be washed or not. I died. haha! 
  • My kitchen is rarely ever completely clean. My dishes will sit in the dishwasher clean for days because I hate putting them away. 
  • My office "files" are more like piles. I try to file things regularly but usually it ends up being once a year or twice if I'm lucky. 
  • I always buy the exact.same.things at the grocery store, but they're usually not things I need. I think I have close to 40 cans of corn, cream of mushroom soup, and rotel in my cabinets. Why do I do that?? 
  • I have giant baskets in every room of the house for Ryanne's toys. When I get tired of cleaning, random other things get thrown in the basket and covered by toys. Because I'm cool like that. 
  • My bed gets made about once a month, maybe. And that is usually when the sheets have been pulled off the bed and I have to make it to rearrange the sheets again. 
  • I use regular household cleaners. You know the ones with bleach and chemicals. 
  • My car looks like a dumpster exploded in it about 98.76% of the time, but really it was just from a rambunctious toddler wreaking her havoc on it. Oh, and I usually have at least 3 changes of clothes in there. 
  • My trip last month was probably the first time I've worn make up 3 days in a row in over a year. 
  • I let Ryanne play outside in her diaper more often than I'd like to admit. And I rarely remember to put sunscreen on her. 


4 comments:

Ashley said...

I do atleast half of those! ha! I would have to add "if you show up unannounced at my house more than likely i will be braless with greasy hair" lol!

Heather said...

I LOVE IT!!!
I am the same way... I never put laundry or dishes away... I wear my jeans at least twice before washing and normally I will were the same outfit to church on sunday that I wear to to work on Monday! Thanks for your honesty! It make me feel better... Glad to not be alone!

~Heather AKA The StepMOMster

http://true-life-of-a-stepmomster.blogspot.com/

Jillian said...

Okay, I'm glad we have the laundry thing in common:) and Em plays outside in her diaper too:)

trooppetrie said...

thanks for being honest, you can be my friend any time. One time my husband came home from a deployment and took the seats out of our van, pulled the drain plugs (never knew they had them) and used a water hose on my carpet. he could not get over how dirty it was.
hey at least we are washing clothes and laundry for them to set in the baskets

addthis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Facebook Pinterest Contact

search?

Grab My Button

The Imperfect Momma

Followers

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Thaty Borges
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved