Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fantasy Fudge

This was our first Christmas in our house, and I vowed when we moved in to learn to be a better cook and to cook more. When it came Christmas time, I was pumped to make all the Christmas goodies that tend to cause me to pack on pounds. I remember going to my grandma's house and she would have tins and tins of candy: pretzels, fudge, divinity, peanut brittle, you name it.I decided to start out my venture with fudge because it is one of my 2 favorites. I tried the carnation milk recipe to begin with, but it produced a very hard fudge, which I did not like at all. I need some good sinful-melt-in-your-mouth-and-make-you-feel-criminal fudge. I discovered this fantasy fudge recipe, and it is quite possibly the most delectable fudge I've ever had in my life. Actually I've made it twice about five times since Christmas because I love it so much. Don't tell my trainer. Oh wait, I don't have a trainer. Nevermind.

You begin by melting 3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks) on low heat

Then you'll need 3 cups of sugar, and 2/3 cup evaporated milk (Remember how I said it was criminal?)
Add the sugar and evaporated milk. Turn the heat to medium (I put mine between 6 and 7 here) and bring to a full rolling boil.

Once boiling, stir constantly for 5 minutes with heat reduced slightly (I move mine to 5 here). 

After 5 minutes, remove from heat.


Immediately add 1 jar marshmallow cream (7 oz) and 1 package of chips (12 oz) You can choose chocolate or peanut butter chips, depending on what type of fudge you want. I like the great value marshmallow creme better because 1. the jar's not breakable and Ry can play with it and 2. the fudge seems to turn out with a softer (chewier?)  texture with it. 

Then you add 1 tsp vanilla, and you can add 1 cup of chopped nuts if you choose. I don't like nuts of any kind, so I left them out of my fudge. Stir until it's well blended and then pour into a lightly greased pan. Just spray some Pam and you're good to go! Make sure you use a 9x13 pan or bigger, or it might overflow the pan. I had that problem. You should've seen Ry trying to eat it off of the counter as it poured over the pan. Wish I had thought to snap a picture of that. It was like a dog drooling over a steak! When you're done, you'll wind up with some very delectable fudge. But be warned, I am not to blame if it causes you to gain a couple or ten pounds! ; ) 

Happy Eating!

5 comments:

Holly said...

Looks amazing! I'm going to have to cook these tonight... After Zumba that is!

Amber said...

Yum-o! That looks delish! I'll have to try that sometime.

Love your blog design, by the way. :)

Found you thru Taylor @ Undomestic Momma, I'm your newest follower. Can't wait to meet you at Dallas Blogger Meetup :)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Yummers!!!! That looks amazing. I am from Dallas and found you through Taylors blog too!

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

Mmmmmm I love fudge

<3, New Follower

Beth McC. said...

YUMMY!

addthis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Facebook Pinterest Contact

search?

Grab My Button

The Imperfect Momma

Followers

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Thaty Borges
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved