Thursday, March 31, 2011

Immanuel Baptist Church ~ Sheridan

Kelly at Kelly's Korner, was hosting Show us your Churches, so I thought I would join in and tell you about our Church. 




I attend Immanuel Baptist Church in Sheridan, AR. Obviously, it is a Baptist Church. I grew up in an Assembly of God church, and Trey grew up in a Methodist church, but this is were we "compromised." The beliefs of our Church are perfect for both Trey and I. 


Our Church has about 700 members, but a normal attendance of around 350 people. I love that is big enough to have a large youth group, bible studies, etc but small enough to feel like a family. I grew up in a church of around 50 people and never was part of a "youth group" I went to women's Bible study with my grandma. I always wanted my kids to grow up in a Church where they could fellowship with other believers their age. 


I love our preacher because he preaches the truth, whether it is fun to hear or not. He is not afraid to say things that may not be politically correct, or may step on toes. The things that offend people are usually things that we need to hear most often. 


Our Sunday school class is a relatively small group, and I love the fellowship that it provides. We are relatively new members, but I just love being there in God's presence. 


If you are close by and looking for a Church, please come visit us. Going to church won't save you, but a relationship with Jesus Christ is what you need. It is so important to have consistent fellowship with other believers and to be challenged to grow and learn and worship Him. There is nothing like a loving, strong Church family! 


Also, are you looking for a new blog design?? Jennifer at Munchkin Land Designs is giving one away so be sure to go and check it out! Her designs are amazing. 





1 comment:

Lori said...

Your church sounds wonderful and I think it's great that you and your husband were able to find somewhere where you both feel comfortable and at home!

addthis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Facebook Pinterest Contact

search?

Grab My Button

The Imperfect Momma

Followers

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Thaty Borges
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved