Saturday, April 23, 2011

Secret Mommyhood Confession

I feed my child what she wants to eat with little regard to nutrition.

I was once a very, very picky eater. Now I've just been downgraded to a very picky eater.

But that helps me to understand the pain of forcing a child to eat things they don't want to. Have you ever tried to force a toddler to eat? Good luck with that!

If she wants macaroni? It's macaroni she gets.

Spaghettios? Sweettarts? Pickles? Pepperoni? She eats what she wants.

I don't need to make it complicated.

Go ahead, judge me.
Life is too short to fight her. I choose my battles, and this just isn't one of them worth fighting.

Yes, I slip her jelly beans when we're at the doctor and I want her to hush.

Yes, I let her eat the middle of 18 peanut butter crackers instead of forcing her to eat all of 6 crackers.

Yes, I let her eat 3 cans of spaghettios in one day because its the only thing she eats all of every.single.time.

She doesn't eat bread. Or chocolate. Or beef.

She does eat string cheese. And canned corn. And peaches. And grapes. And candy. And ketchup.

It's not going to kill her. {and if you think it is, clearly you do not belong here reading my blog ; ) }

But hey, I do give her multivitamins, so I get bonus points for that, right??

2 comments:

Tawny said...

Hah! That's awesome. I'm one of those mamas who lets my toddler eat pretty much anything that he wants. I always cook a good meal and he picks and chooses what he wants (which is usually nothing at all). So he eats potato chips and cheese slices later. Whatever - he's 4, he'll live. :)

Kimberly said...

Amen...I do the EXACT same thing. We try foods but sometimes it's just way easier to give in to what he really wants. Definitely no judgment here ;)

addthis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Facebook Pinterest Contact

search?

Grab My Button

The Imperfect Momma

Followers

Designed By

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Thaty Borges
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved